04 January 2006

2005 at a Glance (or two, or three, or four)

BlueJinx’s post seemed seemed like such a good idea I decided to do one also. Then I read CombatMom’s and knew it was time to get typing.

In January, I had quit my job (yeah!) and The Geek had traded military life for a civilian job at a different base. We celebrated both events by buying new major appliances for the house. And I started my last semester at college.

February was animal month. Oreo’s mad dashes around the yard finally caught up with her and we had to take her in for knee surgery. We also adopted another cat: Tinker. The Geek was working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I).

Tinker is in my lap. Doesn't she look like Screech's twin?

March – I ventured out for a week and visited BlueJinx and my Mom. Got to hear BlueJinx at the band’s spring concert. Jinx is modest – she does play well and the band sounded good. Jinx – I am not tone deaf, so don’t even demur on this one. Where was The Geek? Working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I). Enjoying the time alone – not!  He was ready for me to get back home.

April, I finished classes and received another 2-year degree. The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I).

May – I enrolled in American Sign Language I & II classes. The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III). Somewhere in here Jinx introduced me to FlyLady. Remind me to explain the necessity of decluttering sometime.

June – All was quiet on the southern front. The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III). We seem to have a trend here.

July: Hurricane Dennis waved at us as he went by. It was a a very active hurricane season but we were (once again!) very lucky. Everything hit to either side of us and we got off lightly. Of course, the fact that we bought a generator after Hurricane Ivan last year has something to do with it. I believe that if you are prepared Mother Nature will look for some one else to pound on. Oh yeah, The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III, Quake IV).

August was a very busy month. I finished ASL classes, took a trip to Mom’s and Jinx’s, and re-landscaped the yard. I don’t think I added anything and I’m very sure I removed a lot. Aaannnnddd…stained and sealed the back deck and front porch. Aaaannnddd we built new steps for the front porch. During this visit to Jinx’s the Earthpigs came up and we went to Asheville. It’s a beautiful place and we had a great time. It was also this visit that we had our first major squirmish with the TLF’s. We thought we were winning, little did we know. The Geek stayed home, kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III, Quake IV).


The Geek doing something other than work or computer games. Yes, it still qualifies as work but he's at home not there.




September was quiet. Somewhere in here was Hurricane Katrina that laid waste to our western neighbors. We have friends stationed in those areas and were glad to hear that they made it through okay. Then CombatMom was sent down to New Orleans and I got worried again. Some of those people in N.O. were behaving badly. Which is another rant – things are already bad why do some people have to make them worse? Why, in the middle of a disaster, do some people feel the need to behave like savages/madmen/a**holes? The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III, Quake IV, Serious Sam I). Oh wait, I did get a tattoo.

In October we began gearing up for “THE CRUISE”, a “family reunion” of most of our friends from Guam and a break from reality for a week. Aaannnddd…that’s about when I talked Jinx into starting a blog and discovered she had made it a team blog. Note to self: be careful when suggesting things to other people, you could end up doing it also. The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III, Quake IV, Serious Sam I) up until the cruise.


November was quiet, we stayed home for Thanksgiving. The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry I, Doom III, Quake IV, Serious Sam I).

December –We visited my family for my birthday (#46, but who's counting?). We stayed home for Christmas. Christmas was accompanied by a cold that I am still trying to get rid of. The Geek kept working and playing computer games (UnReal Tournament, Far Cry II, Serious Sam II, F.E.A.R.). Yes, he got some new games for Christmas.

So there you have it. Boring, wasn’t it? It’s a good thing I have hobbies, friends and FlyLady to keep me busy.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Bluejinx said...

Sounds pretty busy to me! Did you come up here twice last year? WOW!
Guess that means you're gonna stiff me this year huh?? LOL

Now that we are all summarized, what are we gonna talk about now?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Tj said...

To answer your questions:
I'm working on that idea, it seemed like a good one but I ran into writers block.

Yes I was up there at least twice. This year is up in the air. We're talking about the Outer Banks in July. Thought about stopping by then.

I'm brainstorming a few gripes - like The Geek giving me a hard time when I don't understand something about computer programming. I'm also working on the above hinted at idea. An update on the mouse wars would be nice.

The Geek took the picture.

I have found out how to make our posts look different from each other. You know, so people can tell at a glance who is writing. Still want to do that?

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger TET said...

You can always d/l the word editor and post in different fonts. I do that because I hate to be the same time in and time out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home