17 November 2005

And the survey says:

What do you call the mid-day meal? Lunch or Dinner?
What about the evening meal? Dinner or Supper?

Sometimes I get so confused. Lunch is the mid-day meal and dinner/supper is the evening meal. To me. I don’t know where I learned this, probably a military chow hall. They had breakfast, lunch and dinner. The confusion (over meal names) occurs when I visit my family and they are talking about dinner and supper. Two meals at the same time of day? Huh? What about lunch I ask. That’s what we were discussing they say. Huh? Then the light comes on – again – oh yeah they use different words. I suppose if I visited my mom more often I would remember what they call each meal instead of having to slap my hand on my forehead and go duh! I have an excuse though – I’m a blonde (dirty dishwater dark blonde who has augmented natures blonde coloring). As I remind them that I’m a blonde, I tilt my head, twirl a strand of hair around my index finger and stare off into space. Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home