07 November 2005

Random Thoughts

The seas are still rolling, only 3 - 5 feet high today. Pass the Bonine please.

Posts concerning the cruise should start popping up this week. Right now we are (at least I am) trying to catch up on laundry, paying attention to the cats and mail. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll have thought of something witty or funny to tell you about the cruise. In the meantime.....

Questions you may not want answered:
What are the meat by-products used in hotdogs?
What happens to an 18-hour bra after 18 hours?
Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do practice?
Why do they put Braille on the drive-thru bank machines?

Have you ever thought about what a phrase really means? I know what we use it to mean; look at it from the point of view of someone that doesn’t know American slang and for whom English is a second language. Such as: anal retentive.
anal= butt (ass) specifically butt hole area. retentive=keeps.
butt hole keeps; butt hole keeper; keep your butt hole, keeping stuff in your butt hole; constipated. I don't see anything that suggests someone who pays too much attention to the smallest detail and is crabby about it. Of course, constipation could suggest that.

From Microsoft Word: You should never dive into murky waters. Such a helpful tip. I must really remember to thank Bill Gates for that one.

Something that has been mentioned that I think needs to be clarified:
Yes, sometimes my posts may be funny but then I DON’T have a life to write about. Except the animals. Don’t you get tired of reading about my damn cats? I wish I had a life to write about.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it is now Thursday and the seas are STILL rolling. Stop the boat, I WANT TO GET OFF. I will probably be having problems for a while now, thank you cruise director Julie. I am glad she is not directing the next cruise. I will make sure we are sailing on a flat glassy lake. No rolling. Well, I'll keep you posted as to how long this lasts, don't let this put you off, I have vertigo, it always happens to me. It just takes a small trigger to set it off. Go cruisin'. It's lots of fun. Do it with friends, it's more fun!!!
Not really the evil twin, don't care what Dushyant says.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it is now a week after the ship docked in Canaveral and finally my own private ship has finally caught up and docked also. I can walk a straight line and not look like Dave from the first night out. You all know of whom I speak! I do not look like Otis, who could barely make it to his own private cell, nor do I look like that lady on Guam who was.... Oh wait a minute, that WAS me. Well, I'm better now! Anyway, THAT, was in the past, I have no tremors of vertigo and am feeling good. Now I have to plan the next cruise, I have been elected Julie for this one. So I have 102 weeks to go before the next one. Wish me well.
Not Really the Evil Twin

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, after 18 hours, your boobs fall off

 

Post a Comment

<< Home