25 February 2006

"Tell me why??

I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.” *


Actually,my problem seems to be with Fridays, but there are no songs about that! The last 3 Fridays have been an exercise in nerves. We started out by having to put Shadow down on the 10th. He was 17 years old, and it wasn’t unexpected, but very hard to handle none the less. Surlymon and Fozzie took him to the vets, and Surlymon laid his head on Shadow’s and he purred off to sleep with his boy loving on him. It was heartbreaking for Surlymon, Shadow has been his pet since Surly was 2.

The rest of that weekend was spent with members of my family, who came down to do some shopping. As my Mom was heard to remark “You might be a redneck if you buy your spring wardrobe at the Bass Pro Shop”. Oy vey! Cool Sis is now very very preggers and she looks so cute—all belly all the time. Baby Sis went thru my house as if she were at a home furnishing store, saying “I’ll take that, and that, and that”. She tried to make off with my 1920s Columbia Graphola, but was quickly corrected by Mom. She did get my aquarium, an Oriental fish bowl, a vase, a bowl, a wall fan and some small jars I got in Thailand.

The following Friday began with Fozzie calling me at 0715. Now, ya’ll know that I was sound asleep at 0715 with no intention of being awake any time soon. Fozzie used the secret code, and when I answered, he told me to come and pick him up on the beltway. The 98 Dodge Grand Caravan had died. Holy cow. There was no reviving the old gal, she was long dead after 290,650 miles. No complaints, she served us well. The only problem was finding a replacement and the new car payments that would come along with.

I’d rather be shot in the head than buy a new car, I hate dealing with the car dealers. We lucked out, picked a new van on the lot that we liked, thought about it for the weekend and went back to buy it on Monday. We now own a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, dark blue, auto remote sliding doors and tailgate, and the newfangled fold away to the floor seats. Pretty slick.

This Friday began at 0230, when Fozzie tried to wake me up and tell me the waterbed was leaking. I went for my annual checkup on Thursday, and along with my head drugs got prescriptions for 800mg motrin and 10mg flexeril for my back ache that is 3 weeks old. So when 0230 rolled around, I was well down for the count. Gotta love that flexeril. My main complaint, besides the time, was that my side of the bed was still dry! But he rousted me anyway and sent me to the spare room,the most uncomfortable bed in the world. I’m beginning to see a pattern here.
We lucked out on the waterbed, Fozzie was able to find the leak and repair it—no big bucks spent on a replacement mattress. This time.

So as I go cross Fridays off all my calendars, you can sing along with me and the Boomtown Rats.



“I wanna shoot the whole day down”*
Boomtown Rats, 1979, I don’t like Mondays.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Tj said...

Ok. you get rid of Fridays. I'll get rid of Sundays and Mondays. Then we'll have a four-day work week. Will foam mattresses fit comfortably on the van floor? We could use it instead of paying for a room at the SAFF in October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home